social media classmates...

Collaboration is such a good way to learn as we each ask different questions and want to investigate avenues of our interests. This could be stimulating and add more to our thinking than working from our own perspective as we do most of the time. My title has to do with my research on the creative process through the voices and experiences of women artists and creativity as a catalyst, if so, in resilience after major illness. This blog has developed around my growing interest and fascination with social media that is constantly in the news as it has entered so many aspects of life today. Possible uses of Internet tools for research are being explored.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

New York women artists showing now

October 16, 2010

I want to inform classmates about several art shows that are going on now in New York as the work very much connects with the subjects we have been discussing concerning the culture of today and the influence of social media. Several artists whose work I have known seem to be visually absorbing the vast interplay of cross referencing, hybridizaton of forms, and mapping of various sources in their art forms. I will be trying to do a voice thread so that you can comment on your thoughts about works that I will update as I see art shows.

One artist, Sarah Sze, can be seen by going to the gallery web site and clicking on current exhibition. I will say more about this on Voice thread soon, I hope. There are images of her installation there and I have taken some pictures as well which I will try to figure how to make available to you. http://www.tanyabonakdargallery.com/

Another artist, Joyce Kozloff, has been making collage paintings which include many references, such as: constellations, images for different cultures, story elements, masks, ect. in her large canvases or constructions in globe forms and in prints. Go to the gallery site and see her images. She is an early feminist painter with a rich history.

Joyce Kozloff at DC Moore http://www.dcmooregallery.com/index-2.htm

The following site claims to be the first art newspaper on the net and it is possible to go to a twitter site to comment on it as well.

http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_sec=11&int_new=41399 this is a twitter http://twitter.com/artdaily

Is anyone interested in art exhibitions in New York?? Some of you may be coming to the Art therapy conference in November??

I will start a voice thread on some other these artists who in my mine embody and concretize in their work the idea of communication in our times, I would like to get comments for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment